My colleagues and I have been exploring the resources that are available to teens on the web. We have conducted searches using various search terms that we think might be used by teens to find material.
We also have inserted the same terms into Google Trends to see the patterns. Most of the terms we have used are not frequent enough to register in Google Trends, but a few are… Below is the figure that illustrates the pattern of 5 terms over the period from 2004-2015.
- Blue — “parents divorce” Most common search term
- Purple– “divorce parents” Next most common search term
- Green– “divorce of parents” 3rd most common search term, but declining
- Orange– “parents split up” This search term begins to show up in 2009.
- Yellow– “parents separating” This search terms begins to show up in 2009.